Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 25th


Yes, once more time has slipped on by. We are now settled. It has been a long process and we have a few things, such as finding a church home, left to do; however we are finding our niche here. The girls are getting use to us being here and we are enjoying them. I am enjoying being with my daughter. My son is now stationed closer, so we are all near once more. The first weeks, I can't tell you how many times I cried to move back. But our furniture is here now, things are hung, nic nacs are in place and it is home.
Joel (knocking on wood) is doing ok. We ordered him a new walker the other day. This one has a seat so he can sit as he walks. It will not make him as dependent on his power wheelchair for walking around here, such as going to the mailbox. It will also not be as hard to maneuver. The standard aluminum one was such a pain. Not only did it not walk well in grass, but it was hard to fold up. The new one is suppose to fold with the pull of handle. We shall see.

I have other things to share and other posts, so I suppose I will end this one for now..... our journey here has begun! What a great beginning to a new chapter!

No comments: