Thursday, May 13, 2010

Movin' On

It seems that "blogging" is just something I can not keep up with. I can not seem to remember to ply it into my daily schedule. Not that my life is crammed with activity; more like my brain runs on sailboat fuel. Yet, here it is the middle of May. Heather's baby is due next Monday. The complex yardsale will be the following Saturday, grandparents 70th wedding anniversary bash the next Saturday and wah-lah! We are in June and we will be movin' on.

Just since the last post, I have managed to find us a place near my daughter's, get all the paperwork done, pack us up, pull out and price everything for the yardsale, sell our livingroom furniture, get all the utilities set to be cut on and off on their designated dates, AND the truck rented. All of this in the midst of another ER trip for Joel, Dr's appointments, and carrying on daily life with him. Oh, and getting his powerchair. It has been W-I-L-D. The depression I was in has lifted somewhat. I worked my way through it.

I woke Joel up from a nap the other day and he was confused. He was slow getting up, so I took his bloodpressure with out new automatic machine. It takes the pulse too. While the blood pressure was fine, his pulse was 44. Of course, I freaked. Off to the doctor we went. He blamed it on the pain patch. So, we went to the pain doctor. He said that while it would have lowered his pulse, not 20 beats a minute. So, off the the ER we went. They did a complete cardiac workup. Thankfully found nothing, but left us with no answers. The next day we were back in the pain managemnet doctors office. After talking, we realized that Joel had quit his breathing treatments. No, I didn't know this. He is a grown man, I don't go back there and tell him it's time to do this or that. He knows what he is suppose to do. The medication in his treatments acts as a stimulant and has been keeping his heartrate up . We don't know how long his pulse has been this low. Had I not noticed the confusion, I woudln't have taken his blood pressure and found it then. SO, he is back on the treatments and his pulse is up somewhat and his blood pressure is up and down. We go back in a month with the log we are keeping. We may have to see a cardiologist and see about a pacemaker. I'm not looking forward to that.....neither is he. That will be before we move which is good. We are keeping our doctors here. There is too much going on with him to change doctors at this point. Neither of us feel comfortable doing that.

Well, that's my thoughts for today. The dryer buzzer jsut sounded. I need to fix him a snack too.

No comments: