Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 9th 2nd Expansion

280 cc on my 2nd expansion. These are my new breasts! B cups.
Wow, what an emotional day. I had my second expansion today. Not once did I have any pain. I had some apprehension about the needle going into the same spot, but it did not hurt at all. I suspect the muscles are getting tougher. Today, I had 120cc instead of 100. Next week I should have 120cc if all goes well. This will give me the 400cc at next weeks appointment.

On to the emotional part. I was having my right side filled when the nurse asked my daughter if she could see the difference. At that time, I raised my head and looked down. What I saw was absolutely amazing. There before my eyes was a breast! A beautiful mound of flesh that just some four weeks ago was a flat angry scar. I could not hold back the tears. I was crying before I realized it. My daughter was crying and the nurse was tearing up. She said they called this point the "silver lining." I think these are the days that make their jobs so worth the hard work, just as this day made every minute of pain worth it. Before I signed on, I looked once more in the bathroom mirror.......I have beautiful size B's and actual cleavage! The tears are ever present! I can't help it.

I didn't realize those four years what not having breasts was doing not only to my self image but to the overall mental being. I was telling myself that I was fine with the forms and ugly bras. It had gotten to where I barely wore them. They were hot in the summer, sticky in the winter, always ill-fitting. I had myself fooled that the scars were ok. I just didn't look, but there are times when you can't help but look. And grandkids look. Sad, but it took a child's mind to open mine to the fact I was hurting.

Today, I don't cry for what was lost. I cry for joy. The tears flow for these two breasts forming on my once flat scarred chest.

No comments: